Monday, December 14, 2009

Markets, Healthcare, and why things don't work...

This is something I've been meaning to post for awhile, but I log on, check out some of my colleagues blogs, and find that I've been beaten.....

HERE

Bob has it right. I've said this before as well. One way of keeping costs down, is working within an HMO or PPO network. Simply allowing insurers to cross state lines, won't fix this. In fact, out of state insurers, won't have established networks, won't be able to offer lower prices, or even really compete with in state companies, and won't alter the fact that insurance premiums continue to increase by 10% or more annually.

Now, sadly, most conservatives can't get past this...they can't reconcile the fact that "THE Market" can't fix everything.

Sometimes, competition doesn't help. But don't try and tell the Republican party that, they're rather myopic in this view.

No comments: