Saturday, March 27, 2010

Healthcare Reform Talk....

Well, I had to give a talk at the national SEMPA meeting this past Wednesday on "Healthcare Reform: Where are we now?" It was quite interesting. I arrived in Tucson on Sunday evening to find many of the other providers I know surrounding a TV in, of all places, the bar. They were watching the vote, and when it passed, a cheer erupted, with a few simultaneous groans. The president of our organization turned and looked at me with a grin, and said, "Well, I bet you have a little re-write to do" Ummmm. Yep. I almost asked if security would be provided. Holed up in hotel room I proceed to re-write and amend my initial talk. I was prepared, ready for an intense, emotional, intellectual debate. Unfortunately, attendance was small. I think this is because many were either so happy, or so angry that hearing anything more about it would be too much.

The talk went well.

No comments: