Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Sorry for the delay...it's been a HARD week.

Sorry for all of my regular readers, I have been a bit absent lately. I've been involved in many different meetings, and than have had a bit of an emotional time at home.

On last thursday morning at 5am. One of my wife's friends from High School died from Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. She was diagnosed in 2006, underwent a bone marrow transplant, and subsequent treatment, but the disease prevailed. She was 38, and leaves behind 7 and 9 year old daughters, and a 16 year old son.

She would frequently stay with us when she came down to Mayo for treatments.

More here

We wanted to be at her funeral, but we JUST got back from Colorado Springs visiting my wife's brother who is now terminal with stage IV adenocarcinoma of the lung, he is on supplemental oxygen now, and is undergoing palliative chemo, but his time is likely measured in months.

Her father was there too, is 82, can barely walk, and needs help to even get out of a chair now, not to mention suffering from increasing dementia. He also has two AAA's that have doubled in size in the past year.

My poor wife is about to break. I can see it. I just wish I could do more for her. That's all from my corner.

Hug your loved ones.

I will post more in the coming weeks after the AAPA conference, and after my life settles down slightly.

1 comment:

ERP said...

Wow. When it rains, it pours. All the best to you and your wife.